Sunday, September 04, 2005

Choices

Another boring day. Are you sure I have to be at work today? :/
We're throwing a dinner for a friend who's leaving town tonight. She's going to be away for the next 3 years pursuing a higher degree. Unfortunately, she'll be leaving behind both her husband and 1 year old son. I doubt I'd be able to do that. I fully encourage any person pursuing a higher education. However, there are other more suitable alternatives which could meet your career demands as well as your family obligations.
I guess each person is entitled to their opinion. Personally, leaving a kid at such a young age is not something I'd support. I also feel that this time away will create a huge gap between her and her husband. I hope I'm wrong!
The choices we make today pave our future path. Unfortunately, we never know whether we've taken the right path or not until it's too late!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nobody knows everything about their friends, this might be the only way to go to secure a better future forherself and her family included... There are a million possible reasons.