Friday, September 09, 2005

Family...

What really gets to me is how some people have no appreciation for family. It's one thing if the family is abusive or has abandoned you. However, apart from that, I see no reason why people don't put family before anything and everything else. At the end of the day, they're connected to us by blood, by history, by years and years of good & bad memories!

I walked away from a decent life and a great career in an attempt to get closer to my family again. I realized that life is short and I wanted to spend more time with them. Granted, there are moments of pure frustration where you wonder why on Earth you made that decision. However, all in all, that was the best decision I've ever made in my life. I have yet to regret a decision I've made by putting my family prior to other matters/people!

I will never understand someone who puts their own selfish needs/wants before their family, who wants to satisfy others at the expense of family! Nor do I really care to understand!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.