Sunday, November 26, 2006

Look At Me!

So for the past 5 years, work has been telling me that I am entitled to a free full medical check up. Like the lazy person I am, I just ignored that.

After many attempted scheduled appointments, followed by many cancellations, I finally did it!!! The outcome? Well, you are now the lucky recipient of at least another couple posts dedicated towards my adventure today.

I'll start with the eye exam this morning. How bad can that be, right? After all, I did lasik a few years back so all should be A-OK. Ha, right!

First set of tests went well. The minute I saw them writing 6/6 on the paper, I breathed a sigh of relief. Within 7 minutes I was done. The doctor told me the results were excellent. I grinned to myself like an idiot thinking 'yay I passed.'

She was just about to walk out the door to tell the nurse we're done, when she suddenly stops. I flinched. One of my eyebrows went flying up. She turns around and comes back, holds my chin, tells me to look down, then proceeds to POKE my eyes with her fingers.

Ok, no biggie. It doesn't hurt. I'm just concerned that if she keeps that up, my eyeballs will pop out.. but hey, whatever makes her happy!

She then gets this 'concerned' look on her face. I suddenly am fully alert and while I think I still have that "one eyebrow raised" look on my face, I believe I actually had "both eyebrows up deer in a headlights" stare.

She calls the nurse and suddenly they start putting some drops in my eyes. Mind you, I'd only gotten about 3 hours of sleep the night before, and it was still before 9 am! So, of course, it burned like anything! Next thing I know, she pushes my head back, the nurse puts a finger out on top of me and instructs me to keep staring at it. How? My eyes burn now, thanks to you, and you want me to stare at your finger when there's a BRIGHT LIGHT behind it!

Then the doctor starts moving this black object towards my eyes. I didn't even see what it was nor where it came from! Obviously, I looked away. She tells me not to blink. Yeah! Right! She asks me to continue looking at the nurse's finger. How am I supposed to do that when you've got what looks like a hole puncher coming at my pupil?!?!

Well, to make a long story short, in case you weren't sure, I survived. She suspects that my right eye has "high pressure". Who knew?! I didn't even know that was possible. She says based on today's tests it's borderline. So I get to go again next week to see Dr. Scissorhands for a second check on my right eye. Wheeeeeeee!!

7 comments:

Yazeed said...

6AAAAAAA6 6AAAAAAAA6
yazeez back in da house!
back where i am supposed to be

*eating, so no comment al7een*

MSB said...

yazeed: =) welcome back! yoma minnek, i just posted! oh, and bil 3afya! enjoying that fried coke?? =)

Sever said...

I was fed up with doctors & medicines when I was 12-13.
After that time - NO to doctors.
I have a lot of problems. But what to do. I don't want to die healthy.

Wish you good luck.
& be patient, dear :)

Yazeed said...

lol
ay fried coke :O

anyways
7imdillah 3ala il salama

oo wain sowalif bajy il tests
willa kil youm ib ta36eena salfa?
:P

MSB said...

sever: i hate going to the hospital.. hence the reason i kept postponing for 5 yrs!! =)

thanks! we'll see what happens next week when i go again :/

yazeed: Allah Esalmek.. hold off on that statement though till I'm done w/all their testing. Allah Yaster! I think I just opened Pandora's Box! :/

u sure u want more sewalif?? O.o

Anonymous said...

Salamtik MSB: inshallah matshofeen shar ! how was my accent :) i have been feeling some thing weird with my eyes for awhile now.. and i'm seeing an eye doctor soon, wish me luck! how does an eye suffer from high pressure? what does it mean?

MSB said...

izzi: Allah Esalmik.. thanks.. i'm impressed w/the accent ;)

good luck.. hope ur appt is better than mine.. u know what the funny thing is? the night before my appt i'd just watched the Friends episode where Rachel is scared of her eye exam!

i had no clue there was such a thing as eye pressure.. but apparently it's when ur eye places a lot of pressure on ur optic nerve.. which in the long run is bad cuz it causes damage to the nerve!! :/

http://www.discoveryfund.org/images/Eye_Anatomy-Anat.jpg